The main GWCM Food Pantry is located at:
330 E. Barber & Evergreen Avenues, Woodbury, NJ 08096
The pantry is open Tuesday and Thursday 9:30am – 11:00am
A second food pantry is located at:
Colonial Manor Methodist Church,
56 Elberne Avenue & Tatum St Colonial Manor, NJ 08096
The pantry is open Saturdays Only 9:30am – 11:00am
Clients may attend & register at either food pantry location, but not both. Clients are provided with non-perishable foods collected at the various churches or dropped off at the pantries. Meats and fresh fruits and vegetables (and other food as needed) are purchased using financial donations. We also receive state and federal subsidized food through the Food Bank of South Jersey.
1. You will be asked to show proof of residency at each visit. You may use a recent utility bill, a check stub from Social Services, or a currently dated lease.
2. Our clients living in Woodbury, Woodbury Heights ,Deptford, West Deptford, National Park, Wenonah, or Westville will receive a full assortment of groceries. Those from other NJ towns will receive a one-time emergency allotment of food.
3. An information form will be filled-out at each visit, including current information about income, number of people in household.
4. There is a maximum allowable gross income guide based on the number of family members (these limits will be available during interview).
5. For children in your household, providing school lunch letters from the school will enable clients to receive summer lunch boxes and holiday gifts.
6. Families must wait 30 days before they can return to the food pantry.
[NOTE: During the first year of Covid (2020) we served nearly three times as many people as the year before. The second year (2021) has remained high, but thankfully the numbers are coming down]
In 2021, we served 5,158 families at our food pantries (compared to 2,976 in 2019). Our clients included 5,808 children and 11,205 adults (1,909 and 4,917 respectively in 2019). At Thanksgiving, our client families were provided a turkey and all the fixings for a holiday meal. At Christmas, a variety of gifts were provided to each man, women & child member of our client families.
Thank you for your generous support that made this possible and to the many volunteers who generously give of their time and energy.